May/June || CHAMPION CHATTER EDITION – 2021
Welcome to our news and updates!
On behalf of the entire village, we would like to wish Sheila at Lot 39 a wonderful 80th birthday celebration for the 8th June enjoyed with special friends & neighbours.
Funny picture of the Month!
Update from Village Management
As the colder weather has settled in all around us it has been enjoyable to witness the hive of activity that Champion Lakes abounds itself with. Events and social gatherings have not slowed with the approach of the wintery weather and it is with a huge smile that we welcome our newest residents to the Villag, Rosalie and Tom who moved from Thornlie after 23 years and now call Lot 25 home with their gorgeous dog “Lady”. We are also very pleased to welcome David and Sheila.
A very enjoyable and scrumptious spread was enjoyed at our recent “Mothers Day High Tea” in the Lodge. A huge thank you must be expressed to the many talented residents who brought the spread together for all to enjoy with their very talented baking abilities.
Fred has recently purchased a new bandsaw on behalf of the workshop/ hobby group and is encouraging any residents to join him any weekday mornings but particularly every Wednesday between 10:30 – 11:30 am should you be interested in partaking in any type of workshop activities or to simply admire and enjoy the recent creations by the group.
Recipe of the month: Lemon myrtle dampers
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 50g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lemon myrtle (see note)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Extra milk, for brushing
- Extra plain flour, for dusting
- Softened butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Lightly grease a baking tray. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in lemon myrtle. Season with pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add milk. Stir to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly for 1 minute or until just smooth. Shape dough into 6 balls.
- Place on prepared tray. Cut shallow slits across the top of each ball. Brush with a little extra milk. Dust with a little extra flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls sounds hollow when tapped on top. Serve warm or at room temperature with butter
Volunteer call out – newsletter support person needed
Village Management is keen to hear from a resident who has a skillset or interests in assisting us to prepare the monthly newsletter. The position would work closely with management to provide content and prepare the final version for distribution each month. If you are interested in discussing this role further we would encourage you to contact Fiona in the on-site office to put your hand up and be a part of our community champion chatter production.
Save the Date – 16th June 2021
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea planning has come together fabulously and a special thanks to the Resident Committee for teaming up with village management to bring this event together.
Mark Wednesday 16th June in your calendar and be sure to invite your friends and family to a day not to be missed as we all get behind a very worthwhile charity to raise much-needed funds. All info is attached for your reference. We look forward to you supporting and enjoying this event with your neighbours and friends and joining us at Champion Lakes for a fabulous day!!!
Display Home & Construction Update
We are very proud of the product we continue to promote to prospective purchasers so we thought we would take some happy snaps of the internals within the “Gardenia” floor plan currently available for viewing.
Best Wishes for the winter months ahead Keith, Jane, Leah, Fiona & Families.